3.21.2002

Oven. An update of my progress in editing "Feather" would read something like this: Crap. And you know what that means. Let's have a nice learning experience, eh? I've finished the first go through the manuscript. I now have beats, which each of them have a beginning, middle, and ending; the story is now twice as long and deadly slow. Boring. The next step is something I haven't done before consciously; I'm going to go through the story with the idea of working on dramatic tension--the rise and fall of the plot, as it were.

This is taking longer than I thought. Does that mean things were worse than I suspected? Oh, yes.

Do you know the fairy-tale about the princess who's forced to switch places with her maid, and tells her troubles to the oven? She doesn't think anyone can hear her. Hello blog. You're my oven.