3.04.2002

Finished first draft yesterday, considering the inclusion of a beastly pun...no, I guess I'm not so much considering it as sniggering over the sounds I anticipate from my husband when he reads it. Goal: type out first draft, print (I wrote it out longhand. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but it's easier for me to get a more old-fashioned sounding style across when I write it out.....

That leads to another thought. "Feather" is a shorty piece that I'm writing as a kind of break while I'm working on something longer, something I intend to use as a novella (at least). The longer piece, called "The Best of All Possible Beauregards" is meant to sound film noirish...perhaps I should invest in a manual typewriter. I'm typing it out in courier font, which is pretty close to the same appearance...but I type out everything in courier font, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

The rest of the goal for the day is to outline the article I'm writing for the co. newsletter. And the manager said, "Something humorous would be all right."

She'll know better next time...