8.20.2002

Doyce.

Doyce posts at his website today that it's time to start submitting his writing.

All sorts of cliches apply. Putting your money where your mouth is. Separating the men from the boys. That thing about the eagles and the turkeys. Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Here's to Doyce (I raise my virtual glass of Bushmill's), who'll open up his writing to the world at large, change from "someone who writes" to a writer (no matter how rejected, although my envy fears it won't be enough rejected to soothe my ego), and start thinking of what he does not only as a creator and editor, but also as a businessman.

Chocolate is bittersweet, too.

I'm proud of him, and I'm going to be after him about it if he just lets it drop.

Call it a warning.