- Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Duh...where's the chocolate?
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Hm...how do I say this? Ray believes in Santa, but he doesn't bring specific presents. It's a compromise.
- Colored lights or white on tree/house? Colored lights.
- Do you hang mistletoe? No; it doesn't deserve it.
- When do you put your decorations up? Day after Thanksgiving.
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry relish. Or maybe green olives.
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Christmas Eve with the Bouzek Grandparents. Gingerbread, oyster stew, Uncle Dave pretending to be Santa Claus. Christmas was usually a boring occaision with too many adults. For a long time, I liked Thanksgiving better than Christmas, but after I had Ray, that changed.
- When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Not until I had Ray and she was old enough to have to think about it...is there a Santa? Of course there is.
- Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one.
- How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Until it's done...but we put it away on January 1st or thereabouts.
- Snow, love it or dread it? I used to love it. Now, I love to look at it, but that's about it.
- Do you know how to ice skate? Yep. Hockey skates and cow ponds. I miss skating with Howard & Claire's kids. I never did get good at it, though.
- Do you remember your favorite gift? An entire jar of olives in my stocking. No, really.
- What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Since Ray was born, I'm just grateful the three of us are together.
- What is your favorite holiday dessert? Not pie. Pie was always fraught with tension. Who gets what pie? I hate having people fight over food. Food isn't for fighting over...besides, I'm really only all that enthusiastic about pecan pie. My favorite Christmasy dessert is the various and creative types of cookies. I love gingerbread cookies.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around, looking at Christmas lights. I never get over it.
- What tops your tree? Nothing, yet. I haven't found anything I like. But we have lots of cute ornaments.
- Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.
- Favorite Christmas Song? The twelve days of Christmas, but there's a particular version I want, and I don't know who sings it! It's the one where the "partridge in a pear treee" ends in a doodle-di-do! and the last verse is double-time.
- Favorite flavor of Candy Canes? Er...actually, I'm not much on candy canes. Too messy. But the mint ones are OK to put in cocoa.
I came upon a Christmas meme
from that glorious blog of old (that is, ***Dave):