4.07.2002

House dreams. Do you dream of a house? A particular house? Is it a real house? Do the rooms contain familiar objects or familiar people? What's your feel of the house? Does the house change?

My house dreams are never of a house that I know or recognize; there's always someone chasing me. I can never leave the house, but there are countless secret passages from room to room, so I'm never trapped by whatever pursues me. I never escape, either. Often the rooms contain people who are familiar for a brief moment, then become strange again. Occaisionally I can see a piece of furniture or a photograph that I recognize. I'm not afraid, but neither am I at home.

Last night the thing pursuing me was a damn phone call. Everywhere I went, the phone was ringing. Someone else would pick it up and say, "It's for you."