8.17.2004

Donuts.

It used to be that all you could get were crappy donuts, at least where I lived. They were all cake donuts, and they all tasted slightly stale. Then I had my first Krispy Kreme.

"Ah!" I said. "There's nothing wrong with this donut! What a relief!"

I was on vacation. When I went home (in Iowa at the time), I had to go back to the crappy donuts.

Colorado Springs has been inundated with Krispy Kreme donuts recently. From what I understand, they make them in Denver, because the actual Krispy Kreme stores in town don't have the capacity to make that many donuts.

At first I couldn't get enough, but I've finally realized that Krispy Kreme donuts are too @#$%*^& sweet. Once in a while, that's all you really want, a sweet donut with nothing really wrong with it. I usually get Albertson's donuts now. They sell Krispy Kreme donuts, too, but I get the other kind instead.