3.28.2009

Recipe: Angeled Eggs.

Easter is going to be a Ray Day, which works out pretty well, since it's right around the half-birthday mark. We will spoil her rotten, favorite foods, treats, an Easter-egg hunt...the works. One day a year to spoil someone you love is not enough, you know? Special request: a silly-string fight.

So we were discussing what she wanted to eat, and I told her I'd be making deviled eggs with the Easter eggs, since I liked deviled eggs so much. She wanted to know what was in them, so I told her: she loves hard-boiled eggs, but doesn't care for mustard.

"Well, can you make them with no mustard?" she asked.

"How about we make angeled eggs?" I asked.

"What's that?"

"I don't know..." I said. "We will have to invent it."

Ray was more concerned with the visuals. "How will we put a halo on it? And wings?"

"I'm just going to figure out the flavors for now," I told her.

Here's what we did:

Slice 4 hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise and pop out the yolks.
Mix with about 1/4c. mayo, 1t lemon juice, and 2t sugar.
Fill the whites with about 1T of filling.
Sprinkle with fleur de sel.

You wouldn't think they'd be good with the sweetness. But you'd be wrong. We also tried them with sugar sprinkled on top, but it wasn't quite as good.

Now: how the heck am I going to get halos on those eggs?