9.10.2006

House Update.

Dave and Margie, Doyce, and Katherine all came down from Denver yesterday to hang out. We played...I can't remember the name now, but it was a card game with a special deck and a barbell-looking thing that you grabbed. Crap. What was it called? We also played Shab al-Hiri Roach, which was meant to be a one-shot RPG where Sumerian roaches--using mind control--are trying to take over civilization, beginning with a college in the UK in 1919. In typical fashion, we got through 1/6 of it over the course of about four hours, but it was a lot of fun. A fairly unusual game in that we didn't have a GM (this worked out all right, but I'm not going to explain the mechanics). Gleefully, I made too much Greek food. I think a) I'm going to enjoy having people over more often, and b) we're going to need more comfy couches.