12.03.2006

Alferd Packer, Colorado Cannibal

I need to do more road trips, so I've been looking around for weird stuff to do. I've been meaning to get up to Boulder. When I go, this will have to be done.

A few years ago, Lee and I watched "Cannibal! The Musical," by the South Park creators (AKA "Alferd Packer: The Musical"). It was bad...but it was funny:
James Humphrey: Hey! You're cutting into his butt!
Frank Miller: Well what sort of meat do you want?
James Humphrey: Well, not butt!
But to find out there's a grill dedicated to his name? Oh, we must go there. I'm sure we'll have to check out the other sites of interest, but:

"El Canibal is Boulder's biggest burrito, and the Calypso pork is a student favorite." The slogan is "Have a friend for lunch!"

Okay, in reality, this may not be as amusing as I'm hoping it will be. Nevertheless.

From Wikipedia:

"During the trial, the judge supposedly said:
'Damn you, Alferd Packer! There were seven Dimmycrats in Hinsdale County and you ate five of them!'"