6.21.2006

Suspicious Activity.

I brought a book to work with me the other day, called Ancient Tales in Modern Japan, selected and translated by Fanny Hagin Mayer. Sure enough, as I sat down to read it in the cafeteria during lunch, one of the security guys stopped by to ask me what I was reading and whether I knew any Japanese.

Such is life. Maybe he just likes to hit on women who sit alone and read books, I don't know.

It's funny how uncensored the stories are. There's one story where a man rubs these certain ashes all over his body to make himself invisible, steals some wine, drinks it, and ends up being chased all over town because the wine has washed the ashes off his mouth. "The mouth ghost! The mouth ghost!" Then (having drunk all that wine), he has to take a piss. "The mouth and penis ghost! The mouth and penis ghost!"

Run!