6.29.2002

Woo Hoo!

Ok, so here's what I'm going to do. First, I'm going to acquire a book. Then, I'm going to read it. Next, I'll write down what I think about it. Finally, I'm going to be paid...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Hahahahaha!

Phew. Sorry about that lapse, there.

Actually, I'm not going to get paid. But I do get my ego stroked, and I get more experience writing for publication. Cailin at Banshee Studios asked me today to write a book review--on a book of my own choosing--for their August (I forget what the actual title is...I know it's not Samhain. Lughnasa?) issue.

I slowly worked my way through the last issue, and read several items I thought were worthy of comment, so I commented. I didn't get much of a response, but it felt like a good thing to do. So more letters to the writers, I think, but only complimentary ones.

Oh! I forgot. I also got a letter (karma, see?) complimenting me on my erotica story, Customer Service, at Hoot Island. So from both ends of the process, I can say that sending compliments to writers is a good thing.

Crap. I can't remember who said it, but I'll say it anyway: "Artists need attention like normal people need air."

I think the reason I have such a problem remembering stuff like that is my creative brain, which takes all facts that it gets and disassembles them
into their component parts.