11.01.2008

Music to write to.

Here's me, writing longhand in a leather, unlined notebook (it smells so good), sitting in front of my computer and listening to random music while I'm writing. I have no idea what my wordcount is, but it's five small pages and three small scenes so far.

The theme is folk-influenced music in a minor key. I tried to stick with banjos, but then I got to the accordians, and I lost it.

New stuff I hadn't heard before:
Andrew Bird - "Imitosis"
Low - "In Silence"
Gregory Page - "The Ghost with Sad Eyes"
DeVotchKa - "How it ends"

Old favorites:
Milla - "In a Glade"
Ray Lamontagne - "Empty" (I didn't know who sang this, but it kept coming up on the college radio)
Bruce Springsteen - "Devils and Dust" "We're a long long way from home/home's a long way from us."


Lee - here's the song I was talking about last night. Johnny Cash - "God's Gonna Cut You Down"