9.06.2008

Writerly Ramble.

I'm finally making more progress with Alien Blue; once again, writer's block defeated by figuring out I needed to stop beating my head against the wall that my outline ran me up against, and go around.

I jotted something down for Bill to say to his listener just after his "black moment." I ended up not needing it, but I liked it, so here it is:
Some things you can't do, at least, not by yourself. We like to think we can pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, but we can't. Can't walk on air, no matter how hard you try.

But sometimes all it takes is one person saying "Bill, quit screwing around and do it already" to find yourself walking on air, one foot at a time, the little leather straps on the sides of your boots cutting into your fingers as you lift.
Now, on to the weirdest epilogue ever written. My writing group is like, "Well, okay, but I'll have to see it to believe it."