3.08.2004

Sitch.

I'm still waiting for the first gorram interview for the tech position, by the way. Things crawl. Also posted for a QC position.

My supervisor is a...not a saint, but you can see why there are such things as saints when you understand her situation here. She's not a patient woman. She's freaking out. She's losing staff left and right, because juicy positions are opening up all over the place, nobody will give her anybody else to fill the empty spots, and she just keeps encouraging us to try for the next thing. A good woman--not "saintly," but human and forcing herself to be good for the rest of us.

Anyway.

Lee and I "switched." He was doing full-time and I was working part-time at opposite hours--so we could keep Ray at home. He's now doing fewer hours and I'm working full-time.

I like it. I feel like I can get a day's work done. Satisfying, when you've been fighting for a year to get a day's work done but failing. Daily.

I farted around tonight, had some sushi (which may have come to symbolize both spring and non-motherhood for me), read a book, drank a decaf mocha--in short, luxuriated. When I came home, Lee had cleaned the house, made supper for himself and Ray, and run herd all day.

He looked like I must have looked when he would fall all over himself trying to make me feel less motherly. I asked if I could do anything--he looked so frustrated.

I think we'll be okay, but there are just days that go on far, far, far too long when you have a toddler, no matter how well they go. Maybe that's something you can only realize when you see it on someone else's face.