5.20.2002

Writing notes, and an epitaph.

I'm still working on Beauregard. I had to stop doing the first draft on the computer and move to longhand, because Ray won't play by herself long enough to make it worthwhile.

One of the things that I'm doing in the story is laying down little false leads. Beauregard does the right thing for four or five paragraphs. Happily ever after. Oops! That's not what really happened...

Anyway, every time I sit down to write, the plot changes. I've been planning to murder someone since page one...nope. Not dead yet. Hm...I can't really explain how many changes I've made to the plot without wrecking it for the people who'll read it.

If I haven't changed it by then.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ARE Dead.

Crap. Everyone at work knows the question game. None knows the movie. Damn "Who's Line is it Anyway."

So I brought in the script to R/G and made people read about the game of questions. People who are my age and older, for Christ's sake. I told them it was like hearing someone say the base line from "Ice Ice Baby" was original.